Sunday 18 January 2015

Going on an Adventure: A Walk in the Woods


Fortunately for me, my boarding school has large and lovely grounds which one - or two - can wonder around when a cooped-up Sunday becomes too stuffy and boredom strikes. Today was one of those days and my friend and I were those two. A walk in the woods to get some fresh ended up as an sun-set adventure and because we had a big giggle trying to work out where we had ended up, I thought I'd share our adventure with you.



B looking all deep and artsy

Luckily for me, I had a pair of trusty wellyboots on so the mud and wet was not an issue. However my friend B was wearing less sensible shoes for a winter's walk and so when the ground go into a marshy state, she looked for a route around. So, we left the path and wondered into the woods until we came across something very cool and wonderful. After discussion, we voted it was probably an old bridge that was taken apart, and the metal foundations were left. It was probably not the sturdiest of things to climb on, but ho hum, a little risk is always fun. 



Exploring! 
and catching my balance!
We kept walking and found a small pond and then reached a field where we managed to capture the amazing sunset. A lot of walking and climbing over fences that were there for the reason to keep us in the woods, we finally found our way back to school. 



Even though we were admittedly very lost, we had a lot of fun and saw some lovely things we wouldn't have seen otherwise. 

 Sometimes leaving the pathway you know and trust can lead to an adventure you never would have imagined. 

Have a fabulous week and find yourself an adventure,
All my Love,
Maddy x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com